Michigan Auto Insurance Refund 2022
What you need to know!
Recently, the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) Board voted unanimously to return approximately $3.0 billion of its estimated surplus to its member insurance companies, to be distributed to policyholders this spring.
Details of Refunds
- $400 per vehicle insured on 10/31/2021
- $80 per vehicle insured on same date with historic plate
- Refunds will be sent out by check or direct deposit to named insured; some will come quicker than others but should be sometime between March - June 2022
Vehicles Not Eligible
- Vehicles in storage as of 10/31/21
- Golf carts
- Dune buggies
- Extended non-owned vehicles
See the Department of Insurance and Financial Services FAQ's here:
Michigan Department of Insurance Financial Services - MCCA Refund FAQ's