The leaves have started to change, football season is in full force, and the chilly Michigan weather is starting to creep in. Fall is here again, which is the prime time for dads across Michigan to start barking yard work orders to their children.
While most children dread this work, it is an important step to preventing damages to our homes in the harsh Michigan winter.
At TDA, we have put together a list of ten tips to make sure your family is taking the proper precautions this fall to protect your home from losses this winter.
Here is the list:
- Clean out the gutters!
- Change your furnace filter.
- Reset the thermostat.
- Seal the windows and doors.
- Inspect the fireplace and chimney.
- Trim any overhanging branches.
- Disconnect outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems.
- Bring in all outdoor hoses for winter storage.
- Empty all fuel from lawn care equipment.
- Clean and store lawn equipment.