Water Backup vs Flood Insurance Coverage

Dan Diederich from TDA Insurance & Financial prepares Michigan homeowner’s and Detroit Tigers baseball fans, as rain and spring approach us. Dan explains the difference between water backup coverage and flood coverage, both which do not come included on a standard home insurance policy.

YouTube video

Water backup coverage can be endorsed on the standard home insurance policy, and covers water coming up through the sewer, sump pump or drains. This can be endorsed to the home policy as a sublimit, usually in increments of $5k to $10k.

Flood insurance must be purchased separately from your home insurance or property policy. Flood insurance covers water coming from the outside in, usually through cracks in the foundation or if in flood zone.

TDA Insurance & Financial can help you understand the differences of these two coverages more in-depth and make sure your family is covered with proper limits.

Our TDA Family looking after yours, Its Always a Great Day at TDA!

Request Your Proposal Here

Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at TDA Insurance & Financial Agency is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!

Call Email Claims Payments